Click on thumbnails for enlargements
1. Paihia Sea Scouts took a break from their winter camp at Aroha Island to help.
From left, Ivan Mikitas, 12, Paihia; Jack Worthington, 11, Russell; Connor Nobbs, 13, Opua; Hamish Johnston, 13, Paihia.
2. 37 volunteers turned out to plant the banks of the Wairoa Stream.
3. Rod Brown - awarded Forest & Birds "Old Blue Award" 2015
4. Vision Kerikeri chairman Rod Brown (right) explains the project to Green MP David Clendon (left).
5. Ruth Marsh of Whangarei plants a young kohekohe.
6. Chris Richmond of Russell looks for a suitable spot for an Olearia furfurea.
7. Vicky Froude of Russell about to plant a couple of coprosma.
8. Woofer Tanja Karius, from Germany, and Justin Topzand, from Waipapa, survey their work.
Thanks goes to Peter de Graaf for the wonderful photographs taken on the day.
View the embedded image gallery online at: